Saturday 22 February 2014

A closer look at Ducks ........

I often go looking at other people's blog sites to see what they are seeing and photographing.
One of my favorites is Burg Birder, who has given me much inspiration over the last year.
My last visit sparked my interest in the Ducks and Water-fowl that are in such numbers this Winter in the St Clair river - and I am so glad I did ...........

I am only just learning to identify Ducks so feel free to correct any mistakes you see.Hopefully I will learn how to get closer to them and get better photographs in the future. Click on them to make them bigger.


This shot was at the Government Docks, near Sarnia Bay.
The 2 black and white's at the front are Bufflehead's and flying above them (I think) are 2 Redheads. Behind them a lot of Mallards and a few more Redheads


At the back, the topmost one is a Canvassback

No comments:

Post a Comment